Up to 7 days
Travel through the Bay of Plenty’s beautiful countryside on this shore excursion from Tauranga and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua. This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa Village in the Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley for a truly unforgettable cultural experience.
What to expect:
- Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa Village – a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 90-minute tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
- See bubbling mud pools, boiling hot pools and the ever-powerful Pohutu Geyser. Stick around you’ll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed Sulphur City!
- Enjoy an authentic 30-minute cultural show by Te Pakira – one of Rotorua’s leading performance groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing…as well as the famous war dance – the Haka.
- Enjoy a traditional hangi lunch – cooked in the steam from the geothermal vents. Includes a selection of meats and vegetables.
- Learn how the Maori people have adapted to this unique landscape – using nature to help in everyday life. You’ll be amazed just how useful the hot springs and the geothermal valley can be!
- Enjoy the famous sights of Rotorua city including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
- Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside, passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more.
After enjoying an unforgettable day, we guarantee to have you back at the port for your ship’s departure.
This tour is NOT suitable for users of mobility scooters or wheelchairs as there is no storage capacity on the minibus.
Based on 0 review
Showing 1 - 0 of 0 in total
: Trying to get property 'term_id' of non-object in /home/customer/www/cruiseexcursions.co.nz/public_html/wp-content/themes/traveler/st_templates/layouts/modern/activity/single/single-1.php
on line 1231
You might also like