Up to 7 days
For both garden enthusiasts and those who appreciate a fantastic opportunity to experience the very best of Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula with a shore excursion combining a Dunedin City sightseeing tour with entertaining and informative commentary together with a guided tour of Glenfalloch Gardens on the Otago Peninsula with morning tea included. On returning to central Dunedin, the tour will stop at Dunedin’s Chinese Garden: an authentic Chinese Garden crafted by a team of artisans and craftsmen from Dunedin’s sister city of Shanghai. Adjacent to the Chinese Gardens is the Otago Early Settlers Museum where there will be time to explore this amazing attraction which hosts over 100,000 exhibits that emphasise the early settlement of Otago.
- 09.15 You will be collected from your cruise ship at Port Chalmers, Dunedin, and travel through the spectacular scenery of the Otago Peninsula to Glenfalloch Gardens.
- 10.00 Arrive Glenfalloch Gardens for a fully guided tour. Situated in peaceful, relaxing surroundings where you can enjoy fantastic panoramic views of the harbour. Stroll among the rhododendrons, azaleas, magnolias, fuchsias and a profusion of other flower species which integrate with native ferns, exotic imports and indigenous New Zealand trees to showcase 140 years of conservation and expansion of botanical heritage.
- 11.00 Enjoy a morning tea of Cinnamon Scones and Vanilla Pikelets served with poached apple and fresh whipped cream, coffee and tea.
- 11.45 Depart Glenfalloch and return to Dunedin city to enjoy a very informative, entertaining and scenically stunning tour of the City. The tour will include the Otago University, Botanical Gardens, historic buildings, neo-gothic church architecture, cathedrals, stately homes, and the world’s steepest street with lots of photo opportunities.
- 13.00 Stop at the Octagon in the central city where there will be time to get some lunch (optional extra) and explore the central cities shops.
- 14.00 A visit of Dunedin’s Chinese Garden has been arranged. This is an authentic Chinese Garden created as a fitting, permanent recognition of the Chinese people who came to Otago during the 1880’s gold rush and stayed to establish some of the city’s businesses. The Chinese Garden was crafted by a team of Shanghai based artisans and craftsmen. Following your exploration of the gardens there will also be time to explore the Otago Early Settlers Museum. The 100,000 plus items in the Museum’s collection highlight the character, culture, technology, art, fashion and transport of the Otago Province from before the time of European Settlement to the present.
- 16.30 Return to your cruise ship berthed at Port Chalmers.
: Trying to get property 'term_id' of non-object in /home/customer/www/cruiseexcursions.co.nz/public_html/wp-content/themes/traveler/st_templates/layouts/modern/activity/single/single-1.php
on line 1231
You might also like