Up to 7 days
This is the ULTIMATE tour for anyone cruising to Tauranga. Do not miss 2 of the best destinations the region has to offer on this Hobbiton and Rotorua combo shore excursion!
First stop is the cultural and geothermal hub of Rotorua where you will experience an intoxicating mix of New Zealand’s power and beauty. Explore Rotorua’s famous geothermal activity with a tour of Te Puia. Experience Rotorua’s famous Maori culture and geothermal activity where mud pools bubble and boil and geysers shoot steam high into the air. In the afternoon, escape into the enchanting world of J.R.R. Tolkien’s imagination – on a trip to the Hobbiton Movie Set and farm. Intricately recreated after being used as a film set for both the Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, this location is now a must-see for many New Zealand visitors! Stand under the party tree, walk past the Hobbit holes, and learn some fascinating stories and facts regarding both the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films – all with plenty of great photo opportunities! After exploring Hobbiton with your guide, enjoy a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn.
Te Puia Highlights:
- A fully guided tour of the complex where you will see geysers explode high into the air. You will only get those iconic photos at Te Puia where you are up close and personal with the Pohutu and Prince of Wales Feathers geysers.
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Marvel at many other geothermal features including hot pools, bubbling mud pools and steaming vents.
- Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
- Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the carving and weaving schools. Admire the many ornate, authentic carvings around the complex.
- Explore 44 Hobbit holes set across 12 acres of lush pasture and manicured gardens. You can even get pop inside a doorway for a souvenir photo.
- Learn inside tips from your specialist guide and get wrapped up in the fascinating stories they tell.
- Make a visit to Bag End, the Party Tree, Gandalf’s Cutting, The Mill House and more. For you movie buffs there are recognisable landmarks at every turn!
- Cap off your tour with a complimentary ale, cider or ginger beer in the Green Dragon Inn…where you can sit by the fire, admire the expert craftsmanship and imagine life as a hobbit!
After an unforgettable day we guarantee to have you back at the port for your ships departure.
Based on 0 review
Showing 1 - 0 of 0 in total
: Trying to get property 'term_id' of non-object in /home/customer/www/cruiseexcursions.co.nz/public_html/wp-content/themes/traveler/st_templates/layouts/modern/activity/single/single-1.php
on line 1231
You might also like